Friday, February 22, 2013

Blind Date with a Book Display, February 2013

"Blind Date with a Book" Display, February 2013

At the end of January, one of my best student volunteers came to me with a picture she had seen online of a book display featuring covered "mystery" books for patrons to check out.  Maddie wanted to create the same kind of display in our high school library.  Excited to have such a motivated and creative library assistant, I put her to work!  She selected and covered the books.  I just assembled the sign and display and then added the balloon as a final touch.  Maddie then made a guest appearance on our high school's morning news show to promote the display.  
While we were getting this display ready, I was very excited to see a ton of other librarians sharing their own "Blind Date with a Book" displays on the YALSA listserv!  Feeling very lucky to be a part of a profession that shares their ideas with such generosity, I was inspired to create this display page on our blog so that display ideas could be shared.





No comments:

Post a Comment