Friday, February 22, 2013

Oscars Display, February 2012

Oscars Display, February 2012

Okay, I will admit... I am a HUGE movie buff.  I even met my husband while we were working part-time at a movie theater.  In the days before babies, I would make sure I saw every film nominated for best picture, and then I would host an Oscars pajama party.  Now, I'm lucky to catch anything other than the latest Pixar release in theaters, BUT I do still LOVE MOVIES.  So... every year I make an Oscar display in my library.  One year, I hosted a contest: Kids could pick up ballots from my display, fill them out, and return them to a ballot box.  The student who had the most number of correct picks for the winners won a bookstore gift card.  This year, because I've started circulating DVDs, I placed the display next to my DVD rack and added some movies to the display as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment